A YouTuber out of the UK feared for his life after a prank went horribly wrong.
Jay Swingler, 22, of the TGFbro YouTube channel placed a plastic bag over his head, held a tube to his mouth to breath and then stuck his head into a microwave filled with Polyfilla, a plaster, on Wednesday. A friend then used a hair dryer to harden the mixture. About 10 minutes of blow drying stiffened the “cement” nearly solid, according to a video posted by the group.
When Swingler stood up, he said his airway became blocked.
“I’m going to die,” he can be heard saying in the video.
His friends tried to budge the contraption without luck, but did make a hole to help Swingler breathe. Then, they called for emergency officials.
Five fire officials spent an hour breaking apart the microwave and plaster from his head, according to a statement released by West Midlands Fire Service.
“I’ve never appreciated life so much,” he said in a video posted to the channel Thursday.
“As funny as this sounds, this young man could quite easily have suffocated or have been seriously injured,” said Watch Commander Shaun Dakin, officer in charge of the West Midlands Fire Service crew who responded, in a statement.
West Midlands Fire✔@WestMidsFire
We’re seriously unimpressed .
Five of our firefighters were tied up for an hour this afternoon, freeing a YouTube pranker whose head had been ‘cemented’ inside a microwave oven. Read more: https://wmfs.link/2kwp4me (Photos © West Midlands Fire Service)
- 1,3061,306 Replies
- 8,4368,436 Retweets
- 17,71017,710 likes
Source: USA Today (Ashley May)
Photo Credit: Florida Today
Photo Credit: NDTV Gadgets