Travelers on TripAdvisor have spoken.
The travel review and booking site announced the winners in its third year of Travelers’ Choice awards for Airlines. The list of best airlines in the world was dominated by Asian carriers, which took four of the 10 top spots. Singapore Airlines topped the list for the second year in a row.
Award winners were determined using an algorithm that took into account the quantity and quality of airline reviews and ratings submitted by travelers worldwide over a 12-month period on TripAdvisor Flights.
In addition to the best airlines in the world, the awards also recognized airlines in geographic region and service classes. The full awards are on TripAdvisor.com.
Southwest Airlines was the big winner in the U.S., hitting No. 6 on the list of best airlines in the world and taking the crown for best airline in the U.S. for the second year running.
TripAdvisor North American regional airline awards
- Best Airline U.S.: Southwest Airlines
- Best Major Airline: Delta Air Lines
- Best Mid-Size Airlines: Alaska Airlines best; WestJet, Hawaiian Airlines also honored
- Best Low-Cost Airline: Southwest Airlines best; JetBlue also honored
- Best Airline Canada: WestJet
- Best Airline Caribbean: Cayman Airways
- Best Economy: Southwest Airlines
- Best Premium Economy: American Airlines
- Best Regional Business Class: JetBlue
- Best Business Class: Air Canada
Source: USA Today Julia Thompson
Photo Credit: Facebook
Photo Credit: Ars Technica
Photo Credit: Upgraded Points