Pic teen took before she was electrocuted in the bathtub released

Police in Lovington, New Mexico have released the last picture taken by a 14-year-old girl who apparently died from electrocution after her plugged-in cellphonemade its way into the bathtub she was in....

Police in Lovington, New Mexico have released the last picture taken by a 14-year-old girl who apparently died from electrocution after her plugged-in cellphonemade its way into the bathtub she was in.

The photo shows a phone charger plugged into a frayed extension cord next to the bathtub. Police believe Madison Coe sent that photo to a friend minutes before she died. She sent the photo with the message: “When you use and (sic) extension cord so you can plug your phone in while you’re in the bath.”

Last week, Coe’s family told CBS affiliate KRQE that Coe’s Samsung Edge Plus fell into the bathtub.

Felisha Owens, Madison’s step-mom, said the teenager was spending the summer with her father in Lovington before heading off to high school in Houston. Then something happened that changed their lives forever.

“It’s not uncommon for her to spend two hours to two and a half hours in the bathtub,” Owens told KRQE.

Coe’s family said that want others to learn from the tragedy.

“The bathroom is a place for showers and personal time and your phones don’t belong in the bathroom. Electricity and water do not mix. All it takes is a drop,” Owens said.

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission is reportedly investigating to find out if any products played a role in Coe’s death.

Source: CBS News

Photo Credit: 105.7 News Crossville Rockwood Knoxville TN

Photo Credit: CBS News

Categories
News
No Comment

Leave a Reply

*

*

RELATED BY