LaVar Ball said his oldest son, Los Angeles Lakers rookie point guard Lonzo Ball, is “disgusted” with how the team has been playing. And the outspoken father blamed the Lakers’ recent struggles on how the coaching staff has been utilizing his son.
The Lakers have lost five consecutive games and are 8-15, which positions them far out of the early playoff picture.
“He’s not used to losing like this,” LaVar Ball said in a radio interview with SiriusXM on Tuesday.
Ball (31% shooting on the season) didn’t play the entire fourth quarter in Sunday’s loss to the Houston Rockets and finished with just two points on 0-for-4 shooting in 22 minutes.
“The Lakers should build around Lonzo,” LaVar Ball said. “Why are they sitting him down and not starting him the fourth quarter? This is why the record is raggedy.”
LaVar Ball drew headlines earlier this week for pulling his middle son, LiAngelo Ball, out of UCLA amid an indefinite suspension due to a shoplifting incident. On Tuesday, LaVar appeared on NBC’s Today show alongside LiAngelo to explain the decision. LaVar was later on CNN’s “New Day” and pointed blame at UCLA for not taking more “accountability” in his son’s shoplifting arrest.