After months of stalling, Jim Carrey will finally be forced to answer questions about his late girlfriend and her suicide in a sworn deposition next week.
The actor, who is being sued for wrongful death, was ordered to take the stand by a superior court judge in Los Angeles on Friday.
He is scheduled to appear on Oct. 27.
“We are very much looking forward to Mr. Carrey finally being placed under oath next week and forced to answer the questions he has been dodging for years, such as why he provided illegal drugs to Ms. White, why he gave Ms. White multiple STDs and then lied about it, and why he has engaged in a public charade of innocence crafted by his handlers,” said Michael Avenatti, lawyer for the mother and estranged husband of Carrey’s late girlfriend, Cathriona White.
“This is a search for the truth and we will find it,” he told The Post. ” And when we do, it will not end well for Mr. Carrey.”
White’s estranged husband, Mark Burton, and her mother, Brigid Sweetman, are suing the “Dumb and Dumber” star — claiming he supplied the drugs that killed her, despite knowing her prior history with depression and suicide.
Carrey’s lawyer, Ray Boucher, has previously denied the actor’s involvement, saying he had “nothing to do” with her death.
“He’s looking forward to his deposition being taken because the truth ultimately will prevail, and there’s nothing in his deposition that is going to change the truth,” Boucher told People magazine back in July.
If Carrey’s deposition is not completed next Friday, he will be required to return to court from “day to day” thereafter, excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays, the judge said.
The actor’s attorney could not immediately be reached for comment Friday.
Source: Page Six (Julia Marsh and Chris Perez)
Photo Credit: Reddit
Photo Credit: People
Photo Credit: Tipperary Star