The INSIDER Summary:
• Britney Spears returned to Las Vegas for her residency show after a brief summer hiatus.
• Towards the end of her Wednesday performance, a man rushed the stage.
• Jesse Webb, a 37-year-old, was named as the intruder.
• He was taken away by Las Vegas enforcement.
• Watch the footage below.
Britney Spears’ Las Vegas show was disrupted by a fan rushing the stage.
The 35-year-old pop star’s Piece of Me residency show at the AXIS auditorium inside the Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino had been on a summer hiatus before returning Wednesday night. Towards the end of the performance, a man jumped onstage before being detained by security.
Footage from the show shows the man completing a cartwheel while some of her dancers encircle him and security intervenes. He then proceeds to kick security.
The footage also shows Spears finishing her song and talking to the audience before becoming aware of the disruption behind her.
Las Vegas enforcement named the intruder as 37-year-old Jesse Webb. According to a statement given to People, the man had been asked to leave during the show for disorderly conduct before he jumped onstage.
“Webb was asked to leave the concert by security prior to him jumping on stage and dancing,” the statement from police read. “Webb was transported to the Clark County Detention Center.”
Her show is scheduled to return Friday.
You can watch the footage below:
Read the original article on INSIDER. Follow INSIDER on Facebook. Copyright 2017. Follow INSIDER on Twitter.
More from INSIDER:
• Everything about the ‘Bachelor in Paradise’ sex scandal and what’s next
• I tried Goop’s ‘Working Girl’ detox and I should have expected how unrealistic it was
• 13 long-term couples reveal their secrets for how to make love last
• 5 reasons why being the middle child is actually the best
• Elizabeth Olsen had ‘no experience’ with Instagram before making her movie about Instagram
Source: Business Insider
Featured Image: Pinterest
Inset Image: Kevin Winter/Getty Images