Family plans lawsuit against Atlanta after officer deadly shooting

The lawyer for De’Ittrick Griffin’s family admits the 18-year-old was up to no good but says he should still be alive. So, they plan on filing a $5 million wrongful death lawsuit against the...

Image result for Family plans lawsuit against Atlanta after officer shooting

The lawyer for De’Ittrick Griffin’s family admits the 18-year-old was up to no good but says he should still be alive. So, they plan on filing a $5 million wrongful death lawsuit against the City of Atlanta.

The 18-year-old was shot and killed last month by a plainclothes Atlanta Police officer. According to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, on the night of January 15, Griffin jumped into the officer’s unmarked squad car at a southwest Atlanta gas station. The officer confronted Griffin, trying to keep him from stealing the car. During that confrontation, the officer fired at the teen. As the police car left the gas station it ran over the officer’s foot. Griffin didn’t get far, crashing into a couple of vehicles about a half a block away. He died at the scene.

Image result for Family plans lawsuit against Atlanta after officer shooting

Atlanta Police say the officer, who works on Mayor Lance Bottoms’ security detail, received threats after the shooting took place. FOX 5 reached out to city officials to get reaction about the planned suit, but no one was available to talk.

The GBI says its investigation into the shooting continues.

Source: fox5atlanta.com

Photo Credit:AJC.com

Categories
News
No Comment

Leave a Reply

*

*

RELATED BY