Warner Bros. Television announced on Saturday that “Extra” host A.J. Calloway, who’s been accused of sexual assault and other acts of misconduct by multiple women, has been suspended pending further investigation of the allegations.
“Upon becoming aware of allegations of sexual misconduct against AJ Calloway, we began an internal review to determine whether there had been any misconduct by Mr. Calloway on Extra and whether any employee of the show had been the victim of any such misconduct,” the company said in a statement. “To date, we have found nothing to suggest that Mr. Calloway has ever engaged in workplace misconduct.
According to Deadline, Calloway, who has co-hosted “Extra” since 2008, will still receive compensation during his suspension while the investigation continues.
Last June, writer Sil Lai Abrams accused Calloway of sexual assault. However, when nothing materialized from those allegations, a subsequent incident in December prompted a deeper dive into Calloway’s pattern of behavior, as well as an official statement from Warner Bros.
“We take allegations made against our employees seriously and investigate appropriately,” an “Extra” spokesperson told Deadline in a Jan. 4 statement. “To date, we have not received a complaint about A.J. Calloway and his work on Extra.”
Following his suspension on Saturday, the “106 & Park” alum’s attorney, Lisa E. Davis, responded with a statement to The Hollywood Reporter: “Mr. Calloway maintains that these unsubstantiated allegations are patently false. He vehemently denies that he ever assaulted anyone and looks forward to clearing his name.”